There are many reasons to invest in rural or raw land:
- There are no structures to maintain or pay taxes on, unlike developed real estate.
- As our nation’s population grows, undeveloped land becomes more and more scarce and possibly more and more valuable.
- You can make certain improvements to help control the land’s value.
- You can use the property for recreation while it appreciates in value.
- The property can easily be passed down from generation to generation.
- You can use the land as an “off-the-grid” vacation property or as a retreat in the event of a natural disaster or civil unrest.
- The value of land does not fluctuate as dramatically as the stock market does.